Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Why I Am Not A Model

Why I Am Not a Model is a collaborative piece of writing that my friend Sian and I did.  It explains why we would rather be athletes than models any day.  The original assignment was to talk about something that we aren't and compare it to something we are.


Why I Am Not a Model
I am not a model,
I am an athlete.
Because I would rather be fit,
For my own satisfaction,
Then thin for others desires.
For instance, Kendall Jenner’s
In a seventeen photo shoot.
I drop in and hear the photographer say,
“I don’t like your arms like that.
They look way too lanky.”
She moves her body to change positions.
But I am me,
I am an athlete.
Give me a ball,
And I will waste hours away.
I love the drive,
I love the power,
Of playing a sport
And knowing
Nothing else
Matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment